PASTORAL VISION FOR NEW HEIGHTS CHURCH
March 3, 2013
Proverbs 29:18 (MSG)
18 If people can't see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; But when they attend to what he reveals, they are most blessed.
Proverbs 29:18 (NASB)
18 Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, But happy is he who keeps the law.
1. I see a time when NHC is known as a place where one experiences God, the Holy Spirit
- Where the love of God permeates the membership.
- Where people’s lives are changed through faith in Christ as Savior.
- Where people follow Christ as Lord through baptism.
- Where prayers are offered up by faith, knowing that the Father cares.
2. I see a time when NHC is known as a place where the Bible is “caught” as THE Word of God
- Where the Bible is delivered straight up and not watered down.
- Where worship includes singing His Word and speaking His Word.
- Where the Bible is studied corporately and individually.
3. I see a time when NHC is known as a beacon of light to the community
- Where ministries are developed with the community in mind:
- An officially authorized pre-school.
- A Celebrate Recovery ministry. (New)
- An After-school ministry for McCardle children. (New)
- A Youth ministry that demonstrates acceptance and safety for all youth.
- A ministry for men that teaches Authentic Biblical Manhood. (New)
- A Women’s Ministry where the older women mentor the younger women.
- A ministry for the elderly that magnifies the respect and dignity due them.
- A Deacon Family plan that reaches out to the church family and the community.
- A vibrant music ministry that reaches every generation.
4. I see a time when NHC is known as an Acts 1:8 church
- Where every member is taught how to and encouraged to share his or her testimony.
- Where members are encouraged to achieve the Acts 1:8 Challenge.
- Where it is understood that the work of the church is done outside the walls of the church.
- Where Missions Discipleship is experienced through educating, praying, giving, and participating.